The Complete Guide to Turning Bland Questions Into High-Impact Surveys That Get The Results You Need
Lots of people need to do surveys. Consultants, trainers, facilitators and speakers need them to better understand who they are working with. Business owners and managers need them to better understand clients. Teachers can get a better grasp on what their students want to learn and where they need additional help.
The trouble is most people have content expertise – not research expertise, let alone a research department to provide that expertise quickly and when it is needed.
SECRETS TO SUCCESSFUL SURVEYS is designed to guide you through the research process of how to write good survey questions (and avoid bad ones) as well as develop objectives and find the people to answer the questions so you can find the answers.
The Complete Guide to Turning Bland Questions Into High-Impact Surveys That Get The Results You Need will not turn you into a research expert overnight because it’s written for business people. What it will do is quickly teach you how to write better questions that give you better data. And it will show you how to use surveys in some different ways than you may have used them so far.
SECRETS TO SUCCESSFUL SURVEYS is a complete guide for anyone who is looking for a fast focused resource to quickly help them right now.
The top 7 reasons to get this book
- You're doing surveys now, and you think you could do them better.
- You've been asked to do a survey, and you don't want to look like an idiot
- You don't have time to take a course right now, you need solid information today
- You want some ideas for other ways you could do surveys
- You need some data to figure out what's going on before you start a project
- You've worn out your welcome asking your research friends questions all the time. Or you don't have any researcher buddies to ask.
- Some of the surveys you've done are awful. There must be a better way, right? There is.
This is very readable stuff. It will help you figure out a game plan, write better questions, figure out where you are going to get people to answer your survey, and give you some useful checklists and tips.
If you spend about 90 minutes with this material, you will be well on your way to knowing what you're doing.
Remember the scene in the Matrix where they downloaded a helicopter flying program?
Yeah, that was cool. Unfortunately we do not have that technology. But this is the closest thing you will get in a document form.
It's the instant expertise that will give you a great foundation for learning more.
You'll make better use of other articles you see, you'll easily see how you want to change survey templates that you can use.
There's just one downside. It's kind of the "red pill" thing. After you read this book, you will realize how many bad surveys there are out there. Sorry. At least you won't be one of the people writing them.
Two ways to purchase:
Table of Contents
Here's a table of contents so you can see all the good stuff inside.
Chapter 1: Making a plan
- Practical reasons to create a research plan
- The four step research process
- How to set objectives, and what kind of objectives to set
- Setting objectives worksheet, and examples
- Identifying the target group to survey
Chapter 2: Creating your survey
- Six things that are wrong with most surveys you see today
- Stop the torture: survey fatigue and what it means for you
- Instant workshop in how to write good questions
- 7 key tips on wording questions
- 4 key tips on response options
- 8 questionnaire crimes you should avoid
- Real examples of poor and better questionnaires
Chapter 3: Survey tools and sample
- Finding the right survey tool checklist
- Finding people to answer the survey (aka "sample")
- Things that will affect your costs
- How professional survey researchers find sample
- Omnibus surveys as an option
Chapter 4: Before you launch
- What motivates people to participate in surveys
- Incentives for participation specific to business audiences
- 15 point pre-launch checklist
- Research ethics and standards that everyone needs to know
Chapter 5: Creative ways to user surveys
- 9 things a consultant can do with a survey
- Case study illustrating 4 of these methods
Chapter 6: Look like a pro
- What you need to think about when you get your data
- Avoid these two big mistakes in your analysis
- Keep learning - resources on specific topics
That's it. A total of forty-two pages, graphical and easy to read. You can keep the e-book in electronic form, of course, and it also works well to print and bind so you have it handy on your shelf.
We need to end the survey torture. It starts here. Be part of the solution -- only write great surveys. Start now.
Two ways to purchase